Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Podcast on Wikispaces

I listened to the podcast on wikispaces and thought it was very interesting. There were two interviews, one with the creator of wikis (Mr. Adam) and the other with a teacher (Vicki Davis) on how she uses wikis in the classroom.

I went in and actually viewed some of these wikis such as the flat classroom project and horizon. I also found it interesting when Ms. Davis talked about youtube and teachertube as search engines for her student’s search for videos. It is interesting because we use both of these sites for our Ed Media students and it is nice to know that teachers actually use these search engines.

I also like the layout of the flat classroom project because it is just like a unit of instruction/a lesson plan that lays everything out for you so you know what is going on in each section and what the final product will be.

The first time I used a wiki was this past semester and when she talked about the issues of editing, and saving multiple times I related automatically because some of what she mentioned is what I did, saving to many times especially after I made a change.

Adam mentioned how user friendly wikis are for students and how the tools are used especially because the wiki was not created for k-12 use. Very interesting podcast.

No comments: